Edward C. Delaporte V
Bachelors of Science in Engineering from the Department of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 2006
Security Team U of I March 2007 – Present
Firefly deployment ~ 6000 machines, one-click web installer and MSI installer
Unit testing for everything (in both Python and VS.Net)
Accessibility compliance – W3C, FAE iCita
Secure development tip of the week
Weekly Software vulnerability assessment news
Supercomputer Monitoring Developer March 2006 – March 2007
Silicon Graphics Inc. Champaign, IL
Created a tilted time window data collection plug-in for Clumon, NCSA’s extremely scalable supercomputer cluster monitoring tool.
- Innovated a plug-in to connect Nagios (a very popular monitoring tool) to data collected by Clumon (NCSA’s preferred tool); reducing monitoring overhead while keeping the benefits of both tools.
Used Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP to create web interfaces with charts and customizable content.
Installed and configured Linux, Apache, python, PHP, Cisco VPN, Nagios, and Subversion to support my projects.
- Used Subversion, Performance Co-Pilot, Vim, checkinstall, and many other command line software packages.
- Adhered to source code style best practices, including the Python PEP8 Standard and the Zend PHP Style guidelines.
Systems Administrator May 2005 – March 2006
Imaging Technology Group at Beckman Institute, U of I Champaign,IL
- Assembled cutting edge dual core 64 bit graphics workstations from component parts.
- Installed, configured, and maintained advanced graphics software environments.
Configured backup, recovery, and software installation systems.
Solved diverse software and hardware configuration issues.
Web Solutions Developer May 2000 – Dec 2005
Ablesoft Solutions Inc. Oregon, IL
Created an elegant extensible project template in VB.Net which allowed us to create all our applications more quickly with better standard features.
- Designed custom business software; with focus on creating efficient interfaces, correct industry-specific business logic, and adding value to the customer’s products and services.
- Maintained both my own and others’ source code in massive projects across many releases.
- Used source control, documentation, and email to maintain accurate records of every software modification.
- Communicated extensively with both technical and non-technical lead customer contacts at some of ASI’s most important customer accounts.
- Followed up on software upgrades and patches to ensure that the updates behaved as customers needed.
Oversaw database system conversion for Warehouse Direct by guiding discussion, documenting requirements, and developing solutions.
- Created elegant web and stand-alone interfaces in Microsoft development environments.
Implemented integrated on-line asset tracking, document processing and report generating systems.
Integrated .Net and Installshield technologies with older software systems.
Developed Illinois Ogle County Health Department’s central database system.
Web Site Administrator (not for profit) January 2007 – Present
‘Boy & Panda’ Online Story Publishing Particularly exciting classwork completed at the University of Illinois:
Operating Systems, CS423 University of Illinois
Designed and simulated a basic file system in C++.
Languages and Compilers, CS421 University of Illinois
Wrote a lexer and parser for the OCaml programming language.
Wrote several statistical gene analysis programs in Perl.
Computer Architecture, CS231 University of Illinois
Designed and simulated a pipelined computer processor for MIPS assembler.
Also used for classwork: C, C++ on various Linux distributions, Coldfusion, Java with NetBeans, MIPS Assembler, and Perl.